Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What if we didn't have Gullnet?

The main piece of software I use for decision making is without a doubt Gullnet.  For the past four years I've relied on Gullnet to make my class schedule.  Without Gullnet it would be a lot less convienent to plan and sign up for classes each semester.  Gullnet allows you to look up all the classes that are offered at Salisbury as well as the different professors that teach them and the different times they're available.  With Gullnet you can search for a specific class right away instead of searching through a catalog.  Gullnet definitely saves me a lot of time when advising comes around each semester.  Along with Gullnet, I use RateMyProfessor to help me get an idea of what the different professors are like.  I usually don't rely on RateMyProfessor a lot because I know a lot of the stuff written on there is usually biased and from angry students who don't really want to be in school.  I tend to compare what I read on RateMyProfessor to what I hear from friends who have had that professor before.  I definitely like that we have Gullnet available to use because it is a really good tool for us to have to help us sign up for classes.

3 comments:

  1. I also use ratemyproffesor to help me pick which professors I want to take, but I have found it isn't always helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the gull net setup too. The best part is the Degree progress requirements section where everything is clearly mapped out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize that most of these tools were decision making tools but they can see the correlation now. i use rate my professor and so far it's worked well for me

    ReplyDelete