Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Technology and the Classroom
Using technology in the classroom is something I've been familiar with since my freshman year of college. A lot of courses I've been in have used Blackboard/MyClasses for discussions, assignments, and quizzes. Blackboard is very useful for both professors and students because it allows everyone to interact in discussions outside of the classroom. A lot of my classes have also been in a lab setting where computers are used in every class. Access, Peachtree, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Excel are just a few of the programs that I've used in my accounting classes. Recently, LinkedIn has become a very popular tool which many of my professors use to connect with alumni and help current students network. When it is time for me to study, I use the computer to take online quizzes and review PowerPoint's and flashcards. It has been very useful to take the online quizzes that are offered on many of the textbook websites. Overall, I think technology has been very beneficial for the classroom. It has opened up many doors for the students and professors to interact. There are also opportunities for students to get experience using programs that they would see in the workforce.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know that Blackboard has been a huge resource for both students and professors and I use it for four out of the five classes I am taking right now. You made a really good point about online quizzes too! I take online quizzes for a few of my classes and I like it a lot better than the pressure of taking a quiz in the classroom.
ReplyDeleteI like doing online quizes too, I used them a lot for map tests in History and they were very helpful!
ReplyDelete